Holidays are my favorite time of year. Between the decorations, gift wrapping, cooking, baking and spending time with family, there's one thing I love just as much, FOOD!
Since I went completely gluten free, I've created alternatives to some holiday favorites which inspired this cauliflower stuffing recipe! Not only will you get that stuffing flavor and texture but you'll also get a few of your veggie servings in for the day!
I hope this recipe inspires you to get creative in the kitchen and lets you enjoy some of your holiday faves in a healthy way!
1 16 oz bag riced cauliflower
1 16 oz bag baby carrots, diced
7 stalks celery, diced
1 medium white onion, diced
1 cup vegetable broth
2 6 oz packs of bella mushrooms, diced
2 tsp tapioca flour (can sub arrowroot flower)
1 Tbsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp Herbs de Provence (picked up some at Trader Joe's)
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- Pour olive oil in stock pot and place on medium heat for 2 minutes
- Add minced garlic, onion, celery and carrots
- Saute until veggies start to brown
- Add mushrooms, riced cauliflower, vegetable broth and herbs de Provence
- Mix until well blended
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 30 minutes
- Add tapioca flour, stir until well combined
- Cover and simmer for another 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
- Makes 5-6 servings