Updated: Feb 5
On a scale of 1-10, what is your anxiety/stress level when making food/meal choices?
Eating doesn’t have to be complicated.
Your body has all the tools to let you know when you’re hungry and when you’re full.
Intuitive eating is a great way to get in touch with your natural body’s natural signaling and decrease stress and anxiety during meals.
Here are 10 steps to get you started on the path toward healing your relationship with food.
1. Honor Your Hunger
2. Make peace with food
3. Avoid labeling foods as “good” or “bad”
4. Conventional meal times don’t matter
5. Satisfaction Factor - allow yourself to eat foods you love, to avoid the binge-restrict cycle
6. Cope with emotion through strategies unrelated to food
7. Respect your body
8. Practice movement (exercise) with intention. Don’t kill yourself with cardio because that’s what some online trainer told you would burn fat
9. Focus on consistency over time instead of “I need to eat perfectly every meal of every day”
10. Reject diet mentality. Diets cause low self-confidence in your own ability to know what works for your own body
Check out our Glow membership where you will receive accountability, support and simple solutions based on your personal needs