This week has definitely been a hectic one and its only Tuesday, lol. I've always loved bath bombs, but disliked how all the recipes required 10 different ingredients.
So I decided to create a super easy DIY bath bomb recipe that not only helps with relaxation but also can clear your complexion and give you your daily dose of magnesium!
More than 1/2 of Americans are magnesium deficient, so finding alternative/creative ways to get your daily dose aside from dark leafy greens, avocados, nuts and legumes can be really helpful and fun!
If you feel 'wired and tired' or like you just need a break, try out this super easy and inexpensive recipe and comment below to share your thoughts!
1. 5-7 drops of lavender, clary sage or clove essential oil
2. ¼ cup coconut oil
3. 2 tsp unflavored magnesium powder (the type you can drink)
- Place coconut oil in a pot on low heat
- Allow the coconut oil to melt
- Add 5-7 drops of the essential oil and stir for 15 seconds
- Remove the pot from heat and whisk in 2 tsp of the unflavored magnesium powder until well combined
- Place mixture in a bath bomb mold or a cupcake tin (make sure to coat the tins in jojoba or olive oil to avoid sticking)
- Place in freezer for at least 30 minutes
- Makes 1 bath bomb
Skin Fun Facts:
- The skin is the largest organ of the human body
- Just like the gut, your skin has its own diverse population of microbiota that support the immune system
- Magnesium aids in maintaining skin’s clear complexion
- Exfoliating before applying nutrients on the skin ensures the highest absorbability